Using a Coaching Menu with Raymi Royo, Ep. 117 Buzzing with Ms. B: The Coaching Podcast
A coaching menu is a great way to introduce your role to teachers and help them understand the supports you can provide in the classroom. On this episode of The Coaching Podcast, I’m chatting with instructional coach Raymi Royo about how she uses coaching menus to frame her work with teachers.
Last summer Raymi found my coaching menu on Pinterest. Since then, she has used it with her teaching team and has seen a lot of benefits. During the show, she walks us through how she uses a coaching menu, what’s included on her menu, and how it helps her teachers.
If you’re looking for a way to help teachers understand your role and the support you can provide, this episode is for you!
Topics and Questions Discussed in Episode 117 – Using a Coaching Menu with Raymi Royo
- What a coaching menu is and how to use one with teachers
- Challenges when coaching
- The benefits of using a coaching menu
- How using the coaching menu helps teachers understand their students better and how it changes their approach to learning
- How she created her first coaching menu
- The six categories she includes on her menu
- Why she includes a free choice option
- How she introduces the menu to teachers
- The coaching cycle and micro-coaching
- How using a coaching menu helped her teachers share their challenges and have more open conversations about their work
- Differentiating support by differentiating the coaching menu
- Why it’s important to be thoughtful about what you offer on your menu
- How to focus the menu on what’s essential, so it’s not overwhelming for teachers
Ready to listen? You can listen below with the media player, or search for Buzzing with MS. B: The Coaching Podcast anywhere you listen to podcasts!
Check me out at buzzingwithmsb.com and on Instagram @buzzingwithmsb.
Podcast produced by Fernie Ceniceros