Technology Coaching with Italy Wallace, Ep. 106 Buzzing with Ms. B: The Coaching Podcast
Many instructional coaches have felt like tech coaches since the onset of COVID. Coaches spent a lot of time during the pandemic supporting teachers, troubleshooting, and figuring out how to best use technology with students. But true technology coaching is so much more!
On episode 106 of The Coaching Podcast, I talk with instructional technology coach Italy Wallace about what it really takes to be a tech coach. We discuss what technology coaches do, the services they offer, and how their work enhances instruction.
Being a tech coach is such a great position right now because there’s so much incredible technology that can be integrated into learning. As a technology coach, you can help teachers harness that potential.
Check out the entire episode to learn all about technology coaching!
Topics and Questions Discussed in Episode 106 – Technology Coaching with Italy Wallace
- The role of technology coaches and the services they offer
- What a “typical day” looks like for a tech coach
- Connecting with teachers through morning rounds
- Differences between coaching and administration
- The three E’s
- How to focus on instruction and not get stuck in the tech help role
- Similarities and differences between technology coaches and tech specialists
- Using surveys, logs, and rubrics to track the impact of coaching and support teacher reflection
- The biggest challenges facing instructional technology coaches
- How technology can help bridge gaps and enhance learning
- Finding your “why”
- How to get started as a technology coach today
In this episode, Italy and I talk about using surveys and forms to get input from teachers. I think doing this is so valuable that I created a resource for you. It’s called, Teacher Feedback Surveys for Instructional Coaching – Printable and Google Forms. There are 19 surveys, including technology, science, math, literacy, teacher interest, post-coaching cycle, and more. You can grab this resource and many others in my TPT store.
Ready to listen? You can listen below with the media player, or search for Buzzing with MS. B: The Coaching Podcast anywhere you listen to podcasts!
This post contains links to products from one or more of our advertisers. This means I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post when you click on links to those products.
Check me out at buzzingwithmsb.com and on Instagram @buzzingwithmsb.
Podcast produced by Fernie Ceniceros