A Simple Behavior Management Plan for Coaches, Ep. 130 Buzzing with Ms. B: The Coaching Podcast
My administration used to ask me to coach in classrooms with no discernible behavior plan, aside from maybe yelling or punishment. I really wanted to avoid those rooms because it was stressful to coach in them. Since I couldn’t run away, I had to figure out a plan that worked when I was coaching on campus.
Over time, I created a proactive and positively framed management system for coaching in the classroom. My simple behavior management plan increases positive behaviors and helps reduce power struggles with students. You can use it whenever you model or co-teach in classrooms without a system in place. It worked for me and I think it can help you too.
In this episode, I discuss my simple behavior management plan for coaches and how to use it. I share stories about the classrooms I worked in and how the lessons I learned helped me develop it. You’ll hear about the three expectations I teach students and how I introduce them. Listen to learn practical ideas for using this proactive management plan when coaching teachers.
Topics and Questions Discussed in Episode 130 – A Simple Behavior Management Plan for Coaches
- How to use the plan to coach teachers in classroom management before, during, and after the lesson
- Being transparent with teachers that you are supporting student behaviors so they don’t assume the kids are acting better just because you’re there
- The three expectations I teach when I model or co-teach in classrooms without a clear behavior management
- Reducing power struggles with students
- Identifying and recognizing positive student behaviors
- Setting student goals around classroom expectations
- Using this purposeful behavior management plan as a bridge to modeling or co-teaching
You can grab your free copy of the Behavior Management Plan for Coaches by entering your email below. It includes all the details on how to use this simple behavior plan.
Season 3 Final Episode
This is the last episode of Season 3, but don’t worry, new episodes will be back in February 2023. In the meantime, I’ll be busy planning content for Season 4 and need your help. I want to make sure I’m creating episodes that you want and that help in your coaching work. To ensure I focus on the right topics, I’m asking for your feedback. There are three ways that you can help me plan for Season 4.
- Share your favorite takeaways and tag me at Buzzing with Miss B on Instagram
- Take my podcast feedback survey at https://www.buzzingwithmsb.com/Feedback
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
Between seasons is the perfect opportunity to catch up on any episodes you might have missed this year. Listen to all the episodes of The Coaching Podcast on your favorite podcast player! You can find the show notes for all the episodes with helpful links and resources here on my website.
Ready to listen? You can listen below with the media player, or search for Buzzing with MS. B: The Coaching Podcast anywhere you listen to podcasts!
This post contains links to products from one or more of our advertisers. This means I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post when you click on links to those products.
Thank you for listening to Buzzing with Ms. B: the Coaching Podcast. Want more coaching ideas?
Check me out at buzzingwithmsb.com and on Instagram @buzzingwithmsb.
If you love the show, share it with a coach who would love it too, or leave me a review on iTunes! It’s free and it helps others find this show, too. Happy coaching!
Podcast produced by Fernie Ceniceros of Crowd & Town Creative
May I have a copy of the behavior plan? email@example.com
Thank you for bringing to my attention that the code wasn’t working for the behavior plan! You can get it here: https://buzzing-with-ms-b.ck.page/c046563332